Asian Conclave on Doctoral Programs
University of Management and Technology (UMT) is organizing the Asian Conclave on Doctoral Programs on February 6, 2017 at Serena Hotel, Islamabad in collaboration with National Business Education Accreditation Council (NBEAC). This event will be the second milestone towards cultivating inquiry and knowledge for sustainable society. The previous event of this series – South Asian Colloquium on Doctoral Programs (SACDOC 2016) – was organized February 16, 2016 at Hotel Pearl Continental, Lahore. Like previous year, this event will be an affiliate of 4th Deans and Directors Conference. However, the scope of this conclave has been enhanced to Asia.
This conclave was established as a platform for sharing knowledge pertinent to managing doctoral programs in business schools, therefore, encouraging incorporation of the indigenous thoughts in improving the quality of higher education. This platform has been conceptualized on the realist grounds which highlight the challenges in the way of improving the quality of higher education. The quality of education and research in business schools critically depends upon a number of factors including quality and quantity of faculty and PhD candidates, process quality, networking, resources, collaborations, etc.
ACDOC 2017 invites doctoral faculty members, supervisors, and directors in the business schools operating across Asia. This colloquium will be helpful in sharing, collaborating, and calibrating the knowledge pertinent to strategic and operational views of the relevant resource persons from the business schools at one hand. On the other hand, it fosters a mechanism of imparting the indigenous thought in practice with an objective of quality improvements in higher level management education in the region.
This year, it invites the participants to locate themselves on the map and sense the direction in which we are heading either as individuals or institutions. This event, therefore, tends to generate discourse on the following key areas of managing doctoral programs that covers:
1. Eligibility Criteria For Induction In Doctoral Programs
2. Doctoral Coursework Design and Delivery
3. Doctoral Supervisor-Supervisee Relationship
4. Relevance of Doctoral Research
Objective of ACDOC 2017
* To set an agenda for incorporating indigenous thought in improvement of higher education culture in South Asian region
* To establish a knowledge sharing platform for collaborative learning, therefore, channeling the strategy of improvement in higher education institutions through holistic approach
* To set a pace towards bridging the gap between 1st world and 3rd world economies through collaborative learning and knowledge sharing.
For More Information Contact:
Mr. Ali Asghar | Research Fellow / PhD (Management) Scholar
Mob: +92-334-4400550; +92-305-4440254 | Email: email@example.com